Managing Tax Costs with Index-Based Separate Accounts
Watch this overview of Natixis tax management solutions using customized separate accounts to help maximize after-tax returns.
Our tax-efficient direct indexing strategies seek to match index returns pre-tax while producing enhanced after-tax returns. These separately managed account (SMA) portfolios can be customized for tax purposes, to align with investor values and concerns, or a combination of both.
A Smarter Way to Index
The managers view indexes as raw ingredients that can be adapted to each investor’s goals, using a robust set of proprietary tools and techniques.
The flexibility of the separate account structure allows the portfolio managers to use tax loss harvesting techniques to sell securities that have lost value and bank those losses. The accrued losses can then be used to offset gains in other parts of the investor’s portfolio.
• The Core Equity Plus strategies use a multi-factor risk model and optimizer to maximize expected excess return relative to the target index.
• Custom Smart Beta and Factor Tilt strategies – such as high dividend, momentum, value or multi-factor – are designed to offer better risk-adjusted return than the respective market cap weighted benchmark.
• Positive ESG screens favor stocks that have positive ESG characteristics or are best in class within their sector.
• Negative screens exclude specific securities based on sustainability, faith, or values-based guidelines.
• Invests in companies that are leaders in or help to promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Avoids companies that cause, contribute to, exploit or profit from racial injustice.
• Conservative, Moderate, Aggressive, and Global Equity portfolios
• Conservative and Aggressive Income portfolios
Investor Applications for Direct Indexing
Learn how a direct indexing strategy can help control the tax impact of diversifying a concentrated stock position.
Learn why direct indexing with a separately managed account (SMA) is more tax-efficient than an index fund or ETF.
Discover how direct indexing can help minimize the tax consequences of transitioning portfolio assets to a new account.
Give us a call or send us an email. We'll be in touch soon to discuss our direct indexing strategies.
Do not send complaints to the Funds or the Fund's Distributor via this portal. Any written complaints concerning the Natixis, or Loomis Sayles Funds should be directed to Natixis/Loomis Sayles Funds, 2000 Crown Colony Drive, Quincy, MA 02169, or by telephone 800-225-5478. Written complaints regarding the WCM, or Vaughan Nelson Funds should be directed to WCM/Vaughan Nelson Funds, 235 West Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212 or by telephone 888-988-9801. Written complaints regarding the Fund's distributor should be directed to Natixis Distribution, LLC., Attn: Chief Compliance Officer, 888 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02199 or call us at 617-449-2828.